These days, every organization needs an employment lawyer to defend their legal cases. But, hiring an employment lawyer is completely different than other employees. The job is sensitive in nature; as a result, one is required to be sent percent sure before hiring a lawyer. Generally, organizations don’t change their employment lawyers regularly, so you need to be precise at the time of hiring.
Here are some of the questions that you need to ask in the interview while recruiting an employment lawyer.
Experience related question
It is always wise to recruit someone who is having some experience under his belt. Therefore, start the interview with some experience related questions.
- For how many years are you practicing law?
- Do you have any experience in handling employment laws? If so, describe it briefly?
- What are your biggest successes in recent history?
- What percent of your case is similar to the company’s requirement?
Knowledge about the subject matter
As your employment lawyer will defend your company on the legal platforms, he is expected to have the basic knowledge about the matter. So ask some basic questions that you are currently facing or expecting to face in the long term.
- How will you defend if a lady accuses your boss of sexual assault?
- The legal aspect of harassment?
- How can a company resolve a long term land dispute?
- Way to be cost-effective in a legal matter?
- What is should be the organization’s approach if an employee filed a case on the company?
- How is your experience on outside court settlement?
- When to resolve the matter on the court?
- How do you collect initial proof from the spot?
- How do you arrange evidence?
- How to handle false cases on the company?
Clear the fee structure upfront
Before hiring an employment lawyer to speak about their fee structure.
- What are the fees that you are expecting?
- Why will I pay so much money to you?
- If I will pay half of your expected fees, do you still wish to work for the company?
- In how much time are you expecting a contract renewal?
Test whether he is trustworthy or not
An employment lawyer is a sensitive job, as he will have access to several disputed and confidential files. As a result, you need to check whether he is trustworthy or not.
- What are the most confidential data you ever got?
- If we will offer you one million dollars, do you reveal the confidential information of our rival company?
- One million is a big amount, and if I were in your place, I would gladly accept the offer?
For the best result, at least ask these questions before hiring an employment or workplace lawyer for your company.